Agent-based models in financial market studies
- Agent-based models in financial market studies
- 김찬수; L. Wang; K. Ahn; C. Ha
- Issue Date
- Journal of Physics: Conference Series
- VOL 1039-012034
- In this manuscript, we summarize prior research on the agent-based modeling of financial markets. While extensive research related to agent-based modeling has been done in various economic disciplines, we focus mainly on the evolution of the models and their applications to financial markets. A large number of studies have adopted agent-based modeling methodologies to explain various empirical findings in financial markets. Our summary shows the benefits of using such modeling to account for various financial market phenomena. We confirm that small changes in initial parameter values can lead to relatively large fluctuations through the financial markets that can be viewed as complex or chaotic systems. This also means that financial markets become volatile due to small unexpected changes in the parameters of the models that describe the market.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.