Study of molecular structure change of D- and L-glucose by proton irradiation using terahertz spectroscopy
- Study of molecular structure change of D- and L-glucose by proton irradiation using terahertz spectroscopy
- 서민아; 이동규; 이경민; 정기영; 지영빈; 허영민; 서진석; 오승재
- Issue Date
- Infrared physics & technology
- VOL 93-157
- We investigated molecular structure change of d- and l-glucose by proton beam irradiation of 7.8  MeV, using terahertz time-domain spectroscopy. Both glucose pellets exposed to the irradiation of 1013, 4  ×  1013, 6  1013, and 8  1013  particles/cm2 of the particle’s fluence, were characterized using complex refractive indices in terahertz frequency region. We found that fingerprints of two types of glucose in terahertz frequency were disappeared above 8  particles/cm2. Crystallinity breaking and molecular structure change by proton irradiation was reaffirmed using X-ray diffraction (XRD) and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.