Water oxidation by simple manganese salts in the presence of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate: Towards a complete picture
- Water oxidation by simple manganese salts in the presence of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate: Towards a complete picture
- 채근화; 씽 지텐드라; Sima Heidari; Mohammad Mahdi Najafpour; Masoumeh Khatamian; Małgorzata Hołynska
- water-oxidizing catalyst; Mn oxide; X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- Dalton transactions
- VOL 47, NO 5-1565
- For the first time, using scanning electron microscopy, transmission electron microscopy, X-ray absorption near edge structure and extended X-ray absorption fine structure X-ray diffraction, it is showed that MnCO3, MnWO4, Mn-3(PO4)(2) center dot 3H(2)O, MnS and Mn(VO3)(2)center dot xH(2)O under the water-oxidation conditions and in the presence of cerium(IV) ammonium nitrate, are converted to Mn oxide without a high-range order. A mechanism is proposed for such conversion and as Mn oxide is an efficient water-oxidizing catalyst, it is thus a candidate as a contributor to the observed catalytic activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.