Local electronic structure investigation of the sol-gel processed calcium hydroxide material
- Local electronic structure investigation of the sol-gel processed calcium hydroxide material
- 임원철; 채근화; 원성옥; 김소희; 씽 지텐드라
- Nanoparticles; microscopy; crystal structure; X-ray absorption spectroscopy
- Issue Date
- Advanced Materials Proceedings
- VOL 3, NO 6-381
- In the present work, we have reported the synthesis of calcium hydroxide from calcium nitrate. Synthesized nanoparticles were characterized using X-ray diffraction, scanning electron micrographs, and near edge X-ray absorption fine structure measurements. Synthesized nanoparticles exhibit tetragonal phase with space group P3m1. These nanoparticles exhibit almost spherical shape. Particle size of these nanoparticles are 55 nm and 69 nm for two different treatment of precursor. Microscopic studies shows that size distribution is affected by the change of thermal history. Local electronic structure measured at Ca (L- & K-) and O K-edges exhibit presence of spectral features that are characteristics of calcium hydroxide. Moreover, strength and magnitude of crystal field parameter is unaffected by thermal treatment utilized for synthesis of these materials.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.