Study of Ultra-Sensitive AMS Method to Identify Drug-Drug Interactions between Ciprofloxacin and Microdose 14C-Caffeine
- Study of Ultra-Sensitive AMS Method to Identify Drug-Drug Interactions between Ciprofloxacin and Microdose 14C-Caffeine
- 유병용; 송종한; 이관호; 오민석; 박민호; 신영근
- AMS; Drug？drug interaction; Microdose; Caffeine; CYP1A2
- Issue Date
- Bulletin of the Korean Chemical Society
- VOL 39, NO 773-777
- Identifying drug– drug interactions, potentially affecting efficacy and safety of each drug is essential for drug development. Microdose, administration of a drug at less than 100 μg or 1/100 of its therapeutic dose, is a promising method to safely test drugs during development. This paper examines drug– drug interactions between therapeutic doses of ciprofloxacin and trace amounts of 14C- caffeine for microdosing in mice using AMS for analysis. The pharmacokinetic (PK) parameters for caffeine with and without administration of ciprofloxacin did not show any change in Tmax. However, the values of T1/2, Cmax, and AUCinf with administration of ciprofloxacin increased by 57, 22, and 42%, respectively. This is in agreement with previous studies that used full prescription doses. It is shown here that microdose techniques combined with AMS measurements can be used for accurate prediction of drug– drug interactions while
conducting relatively safe, small dose studies.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.