Investigation of diurnal pattern of generation and resuspension of particles induced by moving subway trains in an underground tunnel
- Investigation of diurnal pattern of generation and resuspension of particles induced by moving subway trains in an underground tunnel
- 배귀남; 우상희; 김종범; 황문세; 탁길현; 윤화현; 육세진
- aerosol; particle concentration; subway; underground tunnel; train operation
- Issue Date
- Aerosol and air quality research
- VOL 18, NO 9-2252
- To protect the health of subway users, it is essential to investigate the generation, resuspension, and decay of particles in underground tunnels. In this paper, we analyzed the diurnal pattern of variation in particle concentration in a subway tunnel. The mass concentration of particles was measured in a shelter located midway in the underground tunnel connecting Janghanpyeong station and Gunja station on Seoul Subway Line 5 by using an aerodynamic particle sizer, a dust monitor, and a fast mobility particle sizer. The particle mass concentration increased uniformly as a train passed through the tunnel, which was followed by an exponential decay. The particle concentration in the tunnel decreased when the decrease in the number of particles between train operations exceeded the number of particles generated and resuspended by a passing train, and increased in the opposite case. The diurnal variation in particle concentration in the tunnel according to train operations can be predicted by applying such a pattern of variation to the mass concentration of particles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.