Styrenic block copolymer-sulfonated graphene oxide composite membranes for highly bendable ionic polymer actuators with large ion concentration gradient
- Styrenic block copolymer-sulfonated graphene oxide composite membranes for highly bendable ionic polymer actuators with large ion concentration gradient
- 홍순만; 구종민; 권태훈; 이장우; 강영종; 한태희; 조창기; 황석원
- Issue Date
- Composites science and technology
- VOL 163-70
- In this study, sulfonated graphene oxide (sGO) with a large enhanced sulfonation degree of 1.65 mmol g(-1) was simultaneously introduced as a highly ion conduction-activating carbonaceous filler for ionic polymer-metal composite (IPMC) actuator. The nanostructured styrenic block copolymer/sGO/ionic liquid (IL) composite membrane actuators revealed much larger actuation performance than top-ranked polyelectrolyte/IL actuators ever reported so far in terms of bending strain (0.88% under 2 V dc), initial strain rate (0.312% min(-1)), and charge-specific displacement (276.4 mm C-1). Moreover, SSPB/sGO/IL actuators exhibited excellent actuation performance without drawbacks of conventional IPMCs, such as back-relaxation and early loss of inner solvent. In addition, via tracking the movement of the IL's anion through energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS) analysis, not only the transporting behaviour of IL but also the pumping effect with solvated ion complexes inside the actuator are confirmed for the first time.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.