Spin-orbit torques associated with ferrimagnetic order in Pt/GdFeCo/MgO layers
- Spin-orbit torques associated with ferrimagnetic order in Pt/GdFeCo/MgO layers
- 구현철; 민병철; 이억재; 이동준; 김종혁; 이경진; 주병권
- spin orbit torque; magnetic damping; ferrimagnet; spin torque ferromagnetic resonance
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 8, NO 6017-8
- We investigate spin orbit torque (SOT) efficiencies and magnetic properties of Pt/GdFeCo/MgO multilayers by varying the thicknesses of GdFeCo and MgO layers. Our studies indicate that the ferrimagnetism in the GdFeCo alloy is considerably influenced by both thicknesses due to the diffusion of Gd atoms toward the MgO layer. Comparing to conventional Pt/ferromagnet/MgO structures, the Pt/GdFeCo/MgO exhibits a lower efficiency of SOTs associated with ferrimagnetic order and a similar magnitude of magnetic damping. The previous models that have been developed for rigid ferromagnets are inappropriate to analyze our experimental data, leading to an unphysical consequence of spin transmission larger than unity. Our results imply that the heavy-metal/ferrimagnet system is quite different from heavy-metal/ferromagnet systems in terms of magnetic dynamical modes, spin angular momentum transfer, and relaxation processes.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.