Multifunctional Smart Skin Adhesive Patches for Advanced Health Care
- Multifunctional Smart Skin Adhesive Patches for Advanced Health Care
- 김홍남; Insol Hwang; Minho Seong; Sang-Hyeon Lee; Minsu Kang; Hoon Yi; Won Gyu Bae; Moon Kyu Kwak; Hoon Eui Jeong
- Issue Date
- Advanced Healthcare Materials
- VOL 7, NO 15-1800275-20
- A skin adhesive patch is the most fundamental and widely used medical device for diverse health-care purposes. Conventional skin adhesive patches have been mainly utilized for routine medical purposes such as wound management, fixation of medical devices, and simple drug release. In contrast to traditional skin adhesive patches, recently developed patches incorporate multiple key functions of bulky medical devices into a thin, flexible patch based on emerging nanomaterials and flexible electronic technologies. Consequently, the meaning of the term skin adhesive patch becomes broader and smarter compared to the traditional term. This review summarizes recent efforts undertaken in the development of multifunctional advanced skin adhesive patches, and briefly describes future directions and challenges toward the next generation of smart skin adhesive patches for ubiquitous personalized health care.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.