Collateral hydrogenation over proton-conducting Ni/BaZr0.85Y0.15O3-delta catalysts for promoting CO2 methanation
- Collateral hydrogenation over proton-conducting Ni/BaZr0.85Y0.15O3-delta catalysts for promoting CO2 methanation
- 김병국; 이종호; 김형철; 손지원; 윤경중; 최성민; 최성준; 상병인
- CO2 methanation; proton conductor; Sabatier reaction; hydrogenation; catalyst
- Issue Date
- RSC advances
- VOL 8-32101
- Despite the importance of CO2 methanation for eco-friendly carbon-neutral fuel recycling, the current technologies, relying on catalytic hydrogenation over metal-based catalysts, face technological and economical limitations. Herein, we employ the steam hydrogenation capability of proton conductors to achieve collateral CO2 methanation over the Ni/BaZr0.85Y0.15O3d catalyst, which is shown to outperform its conventional Ni/Al2O3 counterpart in terms of CH4 yield (8% higher) and long-term stability (3% higher for 150 h) at 400 C while exhibiting a CH4 selectivity above 98%. Moreover, infrared and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy analyses reveal the appearance of distinct mobile proton-related OH bands during the methanation reaction.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.