Multifunctional Dendrimer Ligands for High-Efficiency, Solution-Processed Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes
- Multifunctional Dendrimer Ligands for High-Efficiency, Solution-Processed Quantum Dot Light-Emitting Diodes
- 배완기; Ikjun Cho; Heeyoung Jung; Byeong Guk Jeong; Jun Hyuk Chang; Younghoon Kim; Kookheon Char; Doh C. Lee; Changhee Lee; Jinhan Cho
- dendrimer ligands; quantum dot-based light-emitting diode,; charge injection; adhesive layer; interface engineering
- Issue Date
- ACS Nano
- VOL 11, NO 1-692
- We present multifunctional dendrimer ligands that serve as the charge injection controlling layer as well as the adhesive layer at the interfaces between quantum dots (QDs) and the electron transport layer (ETL) in quantum dot light-emitting diodes (QLEDs). Specifically, we use primary amine-functionalized dendrimer ligands (e.g., a series of poly(amidoamine) dendrimers (PADs, also referred to PAMAM)) that bind to the surface of QDs by replacing the native ligands (oleic acids) and also to the surface of ZnO ETL. PAD ligands control the electron injection rate from ZnO ETL into QDs by altering the electronic energy levels of the surface of ZnO ETL and thereby improve the charge balance within QDs in devices, leading to the enhancement of the device efficiency. As an ultimate achievement, the device efficiency (peak external quantum efficiency) improves by a factor of 3 by replacing the native ligands (3.86%) with PAD ligands (11.36%). In addition, multibranched dendrimer ligands keep the QD emissive layer intact during subsequent solution processing, enabling us to accomplish solution-processed QLEDs. The approach and results in the present study emphasize the importance of controlling the ligands of QDs to enhance QLED performance and also offer simple yet effective chemical mean toward all-solution-processed QLEDs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.