A simple effectiveness model for heat wheels
- A simple effectiveness model for heat wheels
- 이대영; Jang-Won Seo; Dong-Seon Kim
- effectiveness; heat wheel; rotary; heat exchanger; analytical model
- Issue Date
- International journal of heat and mass transfer
- VOL 120-1364
- Rotary heat exchangers or heat wheels are popularly used for heat recovery in many industrial and domestic applications. In this study, a simple effectiveness model is developed for general use in the field. Firstly, approximate solution is obtained for the governing equations of a periodic-flow heat exchanger by assuming similarity with a steady-state heat exchanger and then used to derive an effectiveness correlation. The correlation is compared with a widely accepted reference in the literature and found to give a maximum error of 5% in the investigated ranges. Simple empirical correlations are also provided for practical use in the field.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.