Simultaneous enhancement of mechanical and electrical properties of carbon nanotube fiber by infiltration and subsequent carbonization of resorcinol-formaldehyde resin
- Simultaneous enhancement of mechanical and electrical properties of carbon nanotube fiber by infiltration and subsequent carbonization of resorcinol-formaldehyde resin
- 김승민; 정현수; 김영관; 박준범; 김영진; 김형준; 이중희
- 탄소나노튜브; 섬유; 복합섬유
- Issue Date
- Composites. Part B, Engineering
- VOL 163-437
- An efficient strategy to enhance mechanical and electrical properties of carbon nanotube (CNT) fiber is developed by using resorcinol-formaldehyde (RF) resin as a functional infiltrating agent that can be carbonized under a mild condition. This strategy is a sequential process including infiltration of RF resin into CNT fiber, thermal stabilization and carbonization. The selection of resin and additive, and enhancement mechanism are elucidated by theoretical and experimental approaches. By using this strategy, the tensile strength, modulus, specific tensile strength and electrical conductivity of CNT fiber are enhanced by 8.2, 16.4, 2.1 and 3.6 fold, respectively.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.