Development of an automated wet-cyclone system for rapid, continuous and enriched bioaerosol sampling and its application to real-time detection
- Development of an automated wet-cyclone system for rapid, continuous and enriched bioaerosol sampling and its application to real-time detection
- 정재희; 조유성; 홍승찬; 최정안
- Bioaerosols; Airborne microorganism; Real-time sampling; Wet-cyclone; Particle-into-liquid sampler
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 284-533
- We present a novel bioaerosol sampling system based on a wet-cyclone for real-time and continuous monitoring of airborne microorganisms. The Automated and Real-time Bioaerosol Sampler based on Wet-cyclone (ARBSW) continuously collects bioaerosols in a liquid medium and delivers the samples to a sensing device using a wireless remote control system. Based on a high air-to-liquid-flow-rate ratio (∼ 1.4  ×  105) and a stable liquid thin film within a wet-cyclone, the system achieved excellent sampling performance as indicated by the high concentration and viability of bioaerosols (> 95% collection efficiency for > 0.5-μm-diameter particles, > 95% biological collection efficiency for Staphylococcus epidermidis and Micrococcus luteus). Furthermore, the continuous and real-time sampling performance of the ARBSW system under test-bed conditions and during a field test demonstrated that the ARBSW is capable of continuously monitoring bioaerosols in real time with high sensitivity. Therefore, the ARBSW shows promise for continuous real-time monitoring of bioaerosols and will facilitate the management of bioaerosol-related health and environmental issues.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.