Functional separator with lower resistance toward lithium ion transport for enhancing the electrochemical performance of lithium ion batteries
- Functional separator with lower resistance toward lithium ion transport for enhancing the electrochemical performance of lithium ion batteries
- 최원창; 김기재; 권용갑; 임태은
- Surface treatment; Hydrophilicity; Separator; Lithium ion battery
- Issue Date
- Journal of industrial and engineering chemistry
- VOL 71-233
- By chemical treatment with benzoyl peroxide, oxygen-containing functional groups can be successfully introduced to the surface and interior of the PE separator, resulting in improved wettability and high electrolyte uptake without sacrificing mechanical and physicochemical properties. Hence, lithium ion transport across the PE separator treated by benzoyl peroxide is effectively facilitated by the formation of oxygen functional groups, leading to improved ionic conductivity. The LiB cells assembled with the PE separator treated by BPO exhibit remarkable rate capability and outstanding capacity retention (98.1%) after 70 cycles.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.