1.3-μm Reflection Insensitive InAs/GaAs Quantum Dot Lasers Directly Grown on Silicon
- 1.3-μm Reflection Insensitive InAs/GaAs Quantum Dot Lasers Directly Grown on Silicon
- 정대환; Jianan Duan; Heming Huang; Bozhang Dong; Justin C. Norman; John E. Bowers; Frederic Grillot
- Quantum dot; reflection sensitivity
- Issue Date
- IEEE photonics technology letters
- VOL 31, NO 5-348
- This letter reports on a 1.3-μm reflection insensitive transmission with a quantum dot laser directly grown on silicon in the presence of strong optical feedback. These results show a penalty-free transmission at 10 GHz under external modulation with − 7.4-dB optical feedback. The feedback insensitivity results from the low linewidth enhancement factor, the high damping,
the absence of off-resonance emission states, and the shorter carrier lifetime. This letter paves the way for future on chip high-speed integrated circuits operating without optical isolators.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.