Kinetic and Electrochemical Reaction Mechanism Investigations of Rodlike CoMoO4 Anode Material for Sodium-Ion Batteries
- Kinetic and Electrochemical Reaction Mechanism Investigations of Rodlike CoMoO4 Anode Material for Sodium-Ion Batteries
- 정경윤; 정훈기; 김지영; 굴람 알리; 모비눌
- CoMoO4; Anode; Sodium-Ion Batteries; Rodlike
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- VOL 11, NO 4-3851
- Sodium-ion batteries are considered the most promising power source for electrical energy storage systems because of the abundance of sodium and their significant cost advantages. However, high-performance electrode materials are required for their successful application. Herein, we report a monoclinic-type CoMoO4 material which is synthesized by a simple solution method. An optimized calcination temperature with a high crystallinity and a rodlike morphology of the material are selected after analyzing the as-synthesized powder by temperature-dependent time-resolved X-ray diffraction. The CoMoO4 rods exhibit initial discharge and charge
capacities of 537 and 410 mA h g− 1, respectively, when used as an anode for sodium-ion batteries. The sodium diffusion coefficient in the bimetallic CoMoO4 anode is measured using the galvanostatic intermittent titration technique and calculated in the range of 1.565 × 10− 15 to 4.447 × 10− 18 cm2 s− 1 during the initial cycle. Further, the reaction mechanism is investigated using ex situ X-ray diffraction and X-ray absorption spectroscopy, and the obtained results suggest an amorphouslike structure and reduction/oxidation of Co and Mo during the sodium insertion/extraction process. Ex situ transmission electron microscopy and energy-dispersive spectroscopy images of the CoMoO4 anode in fully discharged and recharged state reveal the rodlike morphology with homogenous element distribution.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.