SWIR-LWIR photoluminescence from sb-based epilayers grown on GaAs substrates by using MBE
- SWIR-LWIR photoluminescence from sb-based epilayers grown on GaAs substrates by using MBE
- 한일기; 최원준; 송진동; Laiq Hussain; Hakan Pettersson; Qin Wang; Amir Karim; Jan Anderson; Mehrdad Jafari; 임주영
- SWIR; MWIR; LWIR; Sb-based thin films; IR detectors
- Issue Date
- Journal of the Korean Physical Society
- VOL 73, NO 11-1611
- Utilizing Sb-based bulk epilayers on large-scale low-cost substrates such as GaAs for fabricating infrared (IR) photodetectors is presently attracting significant attention worldwide. For this study, three sample series of GaAsxSb1− x, In1− xGaxSb, and InAsxSb1− x with different compositions were grown on semi-insulating GaAs substrates by using molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) and appropriate InAs quantum dots (QDs) as a defect-reduction buffer layer. Photoluminescence (PL) signals from these samples were observed over a wide IR wavelength range from 2 μm to 12 μm in agreement with the expected bandgap, including bowing effects. In particular, interband PL signals from InAsxSb1− x and In1− xGaxSb samples even at room temperature show promising potential for IR photodetector applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.