Bending and Strain Sensitivities in a Helicoidal Long-Period Fiber Gratings
- Bending and Strain Sensitivities in a Helicoidal Long-Period Fiber Gratings
- 정호중; 신우진; 김준기; 박승한; 고도경; 이종민; 오경환
- Issue Date
- IEEE photonics technology letters
- VOL 21, NO 17-1234
- In this letter, we report bending and strain sensitivities of helicoidal long- period fiber gratings fabricated by twisting single- mode fibers during CO2 laser irradiation. Linear spectral shifts of the resonant wavelengths under the bending and tensile strain were observed with the sensitivities of 11.7 nm/m(-1) and 1.1 pm/mu epsilon, respectively. The corresponding transmission power variations at the resonance wavelength were 4.1 dB/m(-1) and 2.2 x 10(-4) dB/mu epsilon, respectively. Detailed measurement techniques and sensor applications are discussed.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.