Thermophoretic diagnosis of autoimmune diseases based on Escherichia coli with autodisplayed autoantigens
- Thermophoretic diagnosis of autoimmune diseases based on Escherichia coli with autodisplayed autoantigens
- 강민정; 이가연; 봉지홍; 김지윤; 유구; 박민; 요아힘 요세; 변재철
- Sjoegren syndrome; Ro protein; La protein; Thermophoresis; Autoimmune disease; Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Issue Date
- Analytica chimica acta
- VOL 1055-114
- The autoimmune diseases systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and Sjogren's syndrome (SS) are diagnosed by detection of autoantibodies against Ro and La protein autoantigens, respectively. In this work, the diagnosis of autoimmune diseases SLE and SS was demonstrated using thermophoresis of Escherichia coli with the autodisplayed autoantigens. Ro and La protein autoantigens were autodisplayed by constitutive expression together with a fluorescent protein called tdTomato in the cytosol. The binding affinity of the autodisplayed autoantigens was tested against positive and control sera by using FACS as a reference method. The factors influencing interactions between E. coli with autodisplayed autoantigens and autoantibodies in sera during thermophoresis were analyzed by measurement of cell surface charge and size before and after interaction. Finally, the thermophoretic diagnosis of autoimmune diseases SLE and SS was demonstrated using sera from patients afflicted with the respective diseases by estimating sensitivity and selectivity from ROC plots.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.