Material design of Ge2Sb2Te5 phase change material with thermal stability and lattice distortion
- Material design of Ge2Sb2Te5 phase change material with thermal stability and lattice distortion
- 김용태; Minho Choi; Heechae Choi; Jinho Ahn
- PCRAM; Memory; GST; switching speed; Material design; Lattice distortion
- Issue Date
- Scripta materialia
- VOL 170-19
- To overcome the reliability issue of phase-change memory, the development of stable phase-change materials is extremely important. In this study, we analyze 13 dopants for Ge2Sb2Te5 (GST) based on two criteria: i) the change in thermal stability by doping and ii) a lattice distortion. After doping the elements, 11 elements showed a negative doping formation energy compared with pure GST. The angular distortion of the Zn dopant is the largest. The hole carrier decreases, and the electrical resistance increases through Zn-doping in GST. The increased resistance of the material can lead to low power consumption with a high energy effectiveness.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.