Various cubic-based polymorphic phase boundary structures in (1-y) (Na0.5K0.5)(Nb1-xSbx)-yCaTiO3 ceramics and their piezoelectric properties
- Various cubic-based polymorphic phase boundary structures in (1-y) (Na0.5K0.5)(Nb1-xSbx)-yCaTiO3 ceramics and their piezoelectric properties
- 최지원; 채근화; Tae-Gon Lee; Sung-Hoon Cho; Dae-Hyeon Kim; Hyun-Gyu Hwang; Ku-Tak Lee; Chang-Hyo Hong; Youn-Woo Hong; Jeong-Seog Kim; Sahn Nahm
- (Na,K)(Nb,Sb)-CaTiO3 piezoelectric ceramics; Electric-field-induced strain; Cubic-based polymorphic phase boundary structure; Temperature stability of the piezoelectric
- Issue Date
- Journal of the European Ceramic Society
- VOL 39, NO 4-985
- CuO-added (1-y)(Na0.5K0.5)(Nb1-xSbx)-yCaTiO3 ceramics with 0.0  ≤  x  0.1 and 0.04  y  0.055 were sintered at 970  °C. Various cubic-based polymorphic-phase-boundary (PPB) structures were formed: orthorhombic-tetragonal-cubic, and tetragonal-cubic PPB structures. The crystal structure of the specimens near Curie temperature is a mixture of Pm3m cubic and P4mm tetragonal structures and these ceramics showed ferroelectric properties. A schematic phase diagram of these ceramics has been suggested. The piezoelectric properties of these specimens were influenced by their crystal structure. All the specimens are expected to have good fatigue properties. In particular, the specimen with a tetragonal-cubic PPB structure (x  =  0.04 and y  0.045) has a large d33 of 338 pC/N and a high strain of 0.17% at 4.5  kV/mm. This specimen has good temperature stability; a d33 value of 300 pC/N and strain of approximately 0.12% were obtained at 175  °C, indicating that this specimen is a good candidate for use as a piezoelectric multilayer actuator.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.