Analysis on jet flow characteristics of nozzle through visualization and unsteady simulation
- Analysis on jet flow characteristics of nozzle through visualization and unsteady simulation
- 신유환; 신동호; 김영수; 정인혁; 김선욱; 정진택
- Flow visualization; Unsteady simulation; Nozzle
- Issue Date
- Research has been actively conducted on the jet flow and the wake flow in turbomachines such as compressors. In particular, the studies of the jet flow are being conducted in a variety of fields such as flow measurement devices and nozzle. In this study, the analysis of jet flow characteristics was conducted which have a significant effect on the performance of turbomachinery. The flow characteristics of jet according to variation of flow rate were analyzed using flow visualization and computational analysis method. In particular, an intensive analysis was conducted on how the eccentricity of the flow control device affects jet flow. The analysis results confirmed that the jet diffusion under low flow rate conditions increased rapidly due to the eccentricity of the flow control device, which reduced the performance of turbomachine. Furthermore, it has been confirmed that the increase in the eccentricity of the flow control device results in pressure deviation and kinetic energy imbalance at the nozzle exit, resulting in jet diffusion. It is believed that the results of this study could be used as a basic study for the efficient operation of turbomachine and performance improvement in the future.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.