Characteristics of Spatial and Temporal Air Pollution on Bicycle Way along the Han River in Seoul, Korea
- Characteristics of Spatial and Temporal Air Pollution on Bicycle Way along the Han River in Seoul, Korea
- 배귀남; 이승복; 김경환; 김창혁; 김종범; 유재우
- Air pollution; Bicycle way; Expressway; Han River; Vehicle exhaust
- Issue Date
- 한국대기환경학회지; Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment
- VOL 35, NO 2-194
- Bicycle way is generally located near the motor road due to the limitation of available space and convenient use. People who use bicycle may inhale highly polluted air during the travelling over the bicycle way. In this study, spatial and temporal variation of air quality over bicycle way was investigated using a mobile laboratory equipped with real-time monitoring instruments. Size distribution of particles ranging from 5.6~560 nm, black carbon, and particle-bound PAHs (polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons) were monitored. In addition, NO, NO2, and NOx were measured. They are indicators of vehicle exhaust. Air pollution level over bicycle way was compared with those of expressway and city road, and the nearest ambient air quality monitoring station. As expected, the air pollution level over bicycle road was high during the commuting time due to the heavy traffic volume. The air pollution level at the location close to the expressway was almost the same as that of the expressway. It is suggested that cyclists need to be cautious about highly polluted air over bicycle way.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.