Emission Characteristics of a Passing Two-stroke Scooter using at a Roadside Measurement
- Emission Characteristics of a Passing Two-stroke Scooter using at a Roadside Measurement
- 배귀남; 이승복; 우대광; 임철수; 김태성
- Scooter emissions; Roadside measurement; Ultrafine particle; NOx; CO; EEPS
- Issue Date
- 한국대기환경학회지; Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment
- VOL 27, NO 6-671
- Although a scooter is a convenient transportation means for a short distance traveling with a light package in the congested urban center, it might be one of the significant sources of air pollutants to which many people can easily be exposed during its passing-by. In this paper, we measured concentrations of gases and particles emitted from a scooter at roadside with no other traffic. To understand the characteristics of scooter emissions with respect to driving speed (idling, 30 km/h) at the roadside, total particle number concentration, particle size distribution, average surface area of particles deposited in the alveolar region, and concentrations of black carbon, CO, and NOx were measured. The concentrations of the particle number, surface area of deposited particles, CO, and NOx were highly fluctuated in the scooter’s idling condition. The trends of particle number concentration, CO, and NOx generation were similar to one another. When the scooter started to move, all of NOx, CO and particle number concentrations increased and after it passed by at the speed of 30 km/h, the concentration peaks of the particles and gases appeared at the same time. Unimodal size distribution with ~70 and ~93 nm mode diameters was observed for the idling and cruising condition, respectively. From this work, we found that emission from a passing vehicle could be characterized using a roadside monitoring technique.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.