Ultra-fast bull's eye-like self-healing using CNT heater
- Ultra-fast bull's eye-like self-healing using CNT heater
- 이민욱; 김희진; Alexander L. Yarin
- Self-healing; Fast curing; Heater; CNT; PDMS
- Issue Date
- VOL 180, 121710
- In the present work, carbon nanotubes (CNTs) are dispersed in the polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS) matrix and used as an embedded heating source. The electrically conductive CNT layer provides the Joule heating of the released healing materials into the crack thus. This accelerates the release and polymerization (self-healing) rates. It is demonstrated that with this modification the healing process, which originally required at least 24 h, is shortened to only 10 min. In addition, it is proved that this approach works very well even in the low-temperature environment, where otherwise, the healing efficiency is low because of the high viscosity of the healing agents and reduced rate of the polymerization reaction. The bull’s eye-like geometry proposed in this work can be replicated to protect large areas.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.