High-efficiency blue and white electroluminescent devices based on non-Cd I-III-VI quantum dots
- High-efficiency blue and white electroluminescent devices based on non-Cd I-III-VI quantum dots
- 황준연; 홍승기; 윤석영; 김종훈; 김경혜; 한창열; 조정호; 조대연; 도영락; 양희선
- QLED; quantum dot; non Cd QD
- Issue Date
- Nano energy
- VOL 63-103869-7
- Research direction of colloidal quantum dot (QD)-based LEDs (QLEDs), whose performance has substantially progressed over last two decades, has been oriented mostly to the fabrication of next-generation, high-color gamut display devices particularly based on Cd-containing QDs, while their extension to solid-state planar lighting application remains nearly unexplored. In this work, we report on all-solution-processed fabrication of group I– III– VI chalcogenide, non-Cd QDs-based high-efficiency white lighting electroluminescent (EL) devices. For this, using Zn– Cu– Ga– S (ZCGS) QD emitters having a high photoluminescence quantum yield (PL QY) of 80% a multilayered blue QLED consisting of poly(9-vinylcarbazole) hole transport layer (HTL) and Mg-alloyed ZnO nanoparticle electron transport layer (ETL) is first fabricated, showing a maximum external quantum efficiency (EQE) of 7.1%. Then, white QLEDs containing a mixture of blue ZCGS and yellow Cu– In– S QDs as a single emitting layer (EML) are constructed with the same HTL/ETL combination as above. White EL spectral distribution is facilely tunable simply by varying ZCGS-to-CIS QD content ratio in the EML of white EL device. The optimum white QLED not only generates the peak quantities of 2172  cd/m2 in luminance and 4.6% in EQE, corresponding to the record values ever reported in non-Cd white EL devices, but exhibits high color rendering index up to 82.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.