Pyrazinyl ureas revisited: 1-(3-(Benzyloxy)pyrazin-2-yl)-3-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea, a new blocker of A beta-induced mPTP opening for Alzheimer's disease
- Pyrazinyl ureas revisited: 1-(3-(Benzyloxy)pyrazin-2-yl)-3-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea, a new blocker of A beta-induced mPTP opening for Alzheimer's disease
- 배애님; 노은주; 백소라; Elkamhawy Ahmed; Jung-eun Park; Ahmed H.E. Hassan; Jiyoun Lee; Beoung-Geon Park
- Issue Date
- European journal of medicinal chemistry
- VOL 157-278
- Herein, we report synthesis and evaluation of new twenty-eight pyrazinyl ureas against β amyloid (Aβ)-induced opening of mitochondrial permeability transition pore (mPTP) using JC-1 assay which measures the change of mitochondrial membrane potential (ΔΨm). The neuroprotective effect of seventeen compounds against Aβ-induced mPTP opening was superior to that of the standard Cyclosporin A (CsA). Among them, 1-(3-(benzyloxy)pyrazin-2-yl)-3-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)urea (5) effectively maintained mitochondrial function and cell viabilities on ATP assay and MTT assay. Also, hERG channel assay presented safe cardiotoxicity profile for compound 5. In addition, using CDocker algorithm, a molecular docking model presented a plausible explanation for the elicited differences in efficiencies of the synthesized compounds to reduce the green to red fluorescence as indication of mPTP closure. Hence, this report presents compound 5 as the most promising pyrazinyl urea-based mPTP blocker up to date.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.