Applying the Bi-level HMM for Robust Voice-activity Detection
- Applying the Bi-level HMM for Robust Voice-activity Detection
- 오상록; Yongwon Hwang; Mun-Ho Jeong; Il-Hwan Kim
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY
- VOL 12, NO 1-377
- This paper presents a voice-activity detection (VAD) method for sound sequences with various SNRs. For real-time VAD applications, it is inadequate to employ a post-processing for the removal of burst clippings from the VAD output decision. To tackle this problem, building on the bilevel hidden Markov model, for which a state layer is inserted into a typical hidden Markov model (HMM), we formulated a robust method for VAD not requiring any additional post-processing. In the method, a forward-inference-ratio test was devised to detect the speech endpoints and Mel-frequency cepstral coefficients (MFCC) were used as the features. Our experiment results show that, regarding different SNRs, the performance of the proposed approach is more outstanding than those of the conventional methods.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.