Spin-Orbit Torque-Driven Magnetic Switching of Co/Pt-CoFeB Exchange Sping Ferromagnets
- Spin-Orbit Torque-Driven Magnetic Switching of Co/Pt-CoFeB Exchange Sping Ferromagnets
- 이억재; Min Song; Shijiang Luo; Xin Li; Shuai Zhang; Qiang Luo; Zhe Guo; Jeongmin Hong; Bin Zhou; Haoshuang Gu; Long You
- spin orbit torque; MRAM; spin orbit coupling; PMA
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 55, NO 8-1401004-4
- We experimentally investigate spin– orbit torque (SOT) switching of a hybrid exchange spring system (ESS) in which a Co/Pt with perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA) is coupled to a CoFeB thin film with an in-plane (IP) magnetic anisotropy (IMA). The magnetization tilt angle from the out-of-plane can be easily tuned by varying the thickness of the IMA layer due to the competition between PMA and IMA layers. We find that the tilt angle is highly tuned from 0° to 90° over a small range of CoFeB thicknesses, from 0 to 1 nm. The tilted films with high thermal stability are promising materials for a zero/low field operating SOT magnetic random access memory (MRAM) or for a bit patterned magnetic recording media. IP current-induced magnetization switching of Co/Pt-CoFeB ESS is also studied, under an IP magnetic field (HIP). The current amplitude for the 45° tilt magnetization switching is almost independent of the HIP ranged from 50 to 1000 Oe. This phenomenon might be due to the presence of the Dzyaloshinskii– Moriya interaction (DMI) and DMI effective field is expected to be less than 50 Oe.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.