Preparation of Porous Ni-Al Alloys and Methan Steam Reforming Application for Hydrogen Generation
- Preparation of Porous Ni-Al Alloys and Methan Steam Reforming Application for Hydrogen Generation
- 남석우; 장성철; 한종희; 최선희; Byung Yong Lee; Viviana Cigolotti
- Nickel-Aluminum Alloy Powder; Low-Temperature Alloying; Alkali Leaching; Hydrogen Production; Methane Steam Reforming
- Issue Date
- Science of Advanced Materials
- VOL 11, NO 5-641
- A new alloying method has been proposed to synthesize Ni50Al alloy powder using AlCl3 at 500– 600°C under vacuum. AlCl3 served as an activator, promoting the reaction between Ni and Al powders and lowering the fabrication temperature compared with that of conventional synthesis processes. The properties of Ni50Al alloys prepared by varying the synthesis parameters were investigated, and the alloys were alkali leached using NaOH solution for surface modification to increase the specific surface area. Methane steam reforming experiments were performed in the temperature range of 550– 850°C to investigate the possibility of using the alloys as a catalyst for hydrogen generation. The results confirmed that the leached Ni50Al alloy exhibited good methane conversion, long-term stability without decrease in catalytic activity, and good hydrogen production rate
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.