Realization of Lithium-Ion Capacitors with Enhanced Energy Density via the Use of Gadolinium Hexacyanocobaltate as a Cathode Material
- Realization of Lithium-Ion Capacitors with Enhanced Energy Density via the Use of Gadolinium Hexacyanocobaltate as a Cathode Material
- 최지원; 장개강; 이태현; 노현호; Timur Islamoglu; Omar K. Farha; Ho Won Jang; Mohammadreza Shokouhimehr
- gadolinium; Li-ion capacitor; energy density; Prussian blue analogue; cathode
- Issue Date
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- VOL 11, NO 35-31805
- Li-ion storage devices having superior energy density are critical for one-time-charge long-term applications. Currently, much research endeavor is directed at enhancing the energy density of hybrid Li-ion capacitors, which incorporate the high energy of conventional Li-ion batteries with the elevated power density of Li-ion supercapacitors. Herein, we prepare orthorhombic GdCo(CN)6 as a new Prussian blue analogue (PBA), showing that this compound offers excellent energy/power densities (605 W·h kg– 1 and 174 W kg– 1, respectively) and features Li-ion storage capacities (352 and 258 mA·h gelectrode– 1 at 100 and 1000 mA g– 1, respectively) that are almost twice higher than those of other cathode materials utilized in hybrid Li-ion capacitors. Thus, this study not only opens a new path for the exploration of new-type PBAs, but also provides insights on the use of lanthanides in energy storage applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.