A Novel Blood-Based Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Technology Using Electrical Detection of Colon Cancer Secreted Protein-2
- A Novel Blood-Based Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Technology Using Electrical Detection of Colon Cancer Secreted Protein-2
- 이관희; 전민홍; 최재원; 박성욱; 이효정; 도은주; 성유나; 홍승모; 김상엽; 김동희; 강자영; 손혜남; 주진명; 송은미; 황성욱; 박상형; 양동훈; 예병덕; 변정식; 채재원; 양석균; Helen Moinova; Sanford D. Markowitz; 명승재
- electricfield effect colorectal sensor; colon cancer secreted protein2; colorectal cancer
- Issue Date
- Advanced science
- VOL 6, NO 11-1802115-10
- Colorectal cancer (CRC) is the second‐ leading cause of cancer‐ related mortality worldwide, which may be effectively reduced by early screening. Colon cancer secreted protein‐ 2 (CCSP‐ 2) is a promising blood marker for CRC. An electric‐ field effect colorectal sensor (E‐ FECS), an ion‐ sensitive field‐ effect transistor under dual gate operation with nanostructure is developed, to quantify CCSP‐ 2 directly from patient blood samples. The sensing performance of the E‐ FECS is verified in 7 controls and 7 CRC samples, and it is clinically validated on 30 controls, 30 advanced adenomas, and 81 CRC cases. The concentration of CCSP‐ 2 is significantly higher in plasma samples from CRC and advanced adenoma compared with controls (both P < 0.001). Sensitivity and specificity for CRC versus controls are 44.4% and 86.7%, respectively (AUC of 0.67), and 43.3% and 86.7%, respectively, for advanced adenomas (AUC of 0.67). CCSP‐ 2 detects a greater number of CRC cases than carcinoembryonic antigen does (45.6% vs 24.1%), and the combination of the two markers detects an even greater number of cases (53.2%). The E‐ FECS system successfully detects CCSP‐ 2 in a wide range of samples including early stage cancers and advanced adenoma. CCSP‐ 2 has potential for use as a blood‐ based biomarker for CRC.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.