Practical True Random Number Generator Using CMOS Image Sensor Dark Noise
- Practical True Random Number Generator Using CMOS Image Sensor Dark Noise
- 문성욱; 한상욱; 김용수; 박병권; 박호중; 강주성; 염용진; 예창의
- True random number generator; Dark shot noise; CMOS image sensor
- Issue Date
- IEEE Access
- VOL 7-91413
- We present a true random number generator (TRNG) using dark noise of aCMOSimage sensor. Because the proposed TRNG is based on the dark characteristics of the CMOS image sensor, it does not require any additional hardware, such as light source and optics, for providing true randomness. Therefore, it can be a promising solution for compact and low-cost mobile application. By using NIST SP 800-90B entropy assessment suite, we evaluate the min-entropy for the raw outputs of our original noise source and the nal random numbers including post-processing as well. We also adopt NIST SP 800-22 statistical randomness test suite for the evaluation of the random numbers. The test results demonstrate that the generated random numbers pass all the statistical tests and have high entropy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.