Gradual phase transition from ferromagnetic tetragonal to antiferromagnetic cubic states in MnxGa (1.80 < x < 3.03) thin films
- Gradual phase transition from ferromagnetic tetragonal to antiferromagnetic cubic states in MnxGa (1.80 < x < 3.03) thin films
- 이영행; Yunsun Jang; Woosuk Yoo; Hyun-Woo Bang; Chungman Kim; Kyujoon Lee; Myung-Hwa Jung
- Issue Date
- Journal of alloys and compounds
- VOL 810, NO 25-151988-5
- The structural, magnetic, and electronic properties of MnxGa thin films are investigated as varying the Mn composition (1.80  ≤  x  3.03). The variation of x in MnxGa films dramatically changes the crystal structure as well as the magnetic properties. With increasing x, we observe the gradual phase transition from a ferromagnetic tetragonal state to an antiferromagnetic cubic state. The structural characterization reveals that the D022 tetragonal structure of Mn2Ga is slowly transformed to the L12 cubic structure of Mn3Ga. Two phases coexist around x  =  2.4. The magnetization is systematically reduced as x increases, ending to an antiferromagnetic state of cubic Mn3Ga, and the electrical resistivity increases with x. Such highly tunable magnetic and electronic properties in MnxGa phase simply by the variation of the Mn/Ga ratio provide advantages to be used for spintronic device applications.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.