Crystal properties of atomic-layer deposited beryllium oxide on crystal and amorphous substrates
- Crystal properties of atomic-layer deposited beryllium oxide on crystal and amorphous substrates
- 김성근; 이우철; Seung Min Lee; Yoonseo Jang; Jung Hwan Yum; Eric S. Larsen; Christopher W. Bielawski; Jungwoo Oh
- beryllium oxide; atomic-layer deposition; domain-matching epitaxy
- Issue Date
- Semiconductor science and technology
- VOL 34, NO 11-115021-7
- We present the crystal properties of beryllium oxide (BeO) films on Si (100), GaN (001), and amorphous SiO2 substrates grown by atomic-layer deposition (ALD). Because of the strong bonding interactions intrinsic to beryllium, BeO thin films have been grown in crystalline phases regardless of the substrate type. Transmission electron microscopy revealed crystallized BeO films with small interfacial layers. The epitaxial relationships and domain-matching configurations were confirmed by crystal simulation. Using x-ray diffraction analyses, ALD BeO films with thicknesses of 50 nm showed wurtzite (002) crystal phases for all substrates studied. Raman spectroscopy confirmed that the crystallinity of the BeO film grown on GaN was superior to that on Si and SiO2 substrates. Atomic force microscopy and water contact angle goniometry measurements indicated that the BeO film grown on GaN in a planar mode was due to its low film energy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.