New Equation for Prediction of Martensite Start Temperature in High Carbon Ferrous Alloys
- New Equation for Prediction of Martensite Start Temperature in High Carbon Ferrous Alloys
- 심재혁; 박지혜; 이석재
- Ferrous alloy; Martensite; Martensite start temperature; Cabide; Empirical equation; Fe3C; M7C3
- Issue Date
- Metallurgical and materials transactions. A, Physical metallurgy and materials science
- VOL 49A, NO 2-454
- Since previous equations fail to predict MS temperature of high carbon ferrous alloys, we first propose an equation for prediction of MS temperature of ferrous alloys containing>2 wt pct C. The presence of carbides (Fe3C and Cr-rich M7C3) is thermodynamically considered to estimate the C concentration in austenite. Especially, equations individually specialized for lean
and high Cr alloys very accurately reproduce experimental results. The chemical driving force for martensitic transformation is quantitatively analyzed based on the calculation of T0 temperature.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.