Hypolaetin-7-O-beta-D-xyloside from Juniperus communis Fruits Inhibits Melanogenesis on Zebrafish Pigmentation
- Hypolaetin-7-O-beta-D-xyloside from Juniperus communis Fruits Inhibits Melanogenesis on Zebrafish Pigmentation
- 김수남; 정은주; 제갈종환; 정기웅; 노상균; 정해영; 남연희; 강동호; 양민혜
- Issue Date
- Natural product communications
- VOL 12, NO 11-1690
- Hypolaetin-7-O- -D-xyloside (1) is a naturally occurring flavonoid from Juniperus communis fruits. This study aimed to investigate anti-melanogenic effect of hypolaetin-7-O- -D-xyloside on zebrafish pigmentation. The phenotype-based image analysis suggested that 1 suppressed the zebrafish pigmentation in a concentration-dependent manner (1-400  M) as a reversible competitive inhibitor against the enzyme tyrosinase. According to the molecular docking
simulation, the compound 1 interacted with residues His-263 of tyrosinase via hydrogen bonding. The present study provided direct experimental evidence for skin-lightening effect of 1 in an in vivo zebrafish model. Therapeutic attempts with the 1 might be useful in the management of skin pigmentation-related diseases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.