Towards a high precision robotic platform for neural interface implantation
- Towards a high precision robotic platform for neural interface implantation
- 오상록; 김기훈; 황동현; 임세혁; 인용석; 정진우
- manipulation system; neural electrode; neurosurgery; implantation
- Issue Date
- IEEE International Conference on Cyborg and Bionic Systems, CBS 2018
- This paper introduces the current progress on the development of a high-precision manipulation system for neural interface implantation. The system consists of multiple high precision manipulators, human-interface devices, and many end-effectors. Each manipulator has five D.O.F motion for general tasks such as gripping, cutting, suturing and electrode insertion. A nerve holder, drivers for micro forceps and scissors, and an electrode inserter were developed to perform the target tasks. This paper introduces design features of all components and preliminary results of user tests. We hope that the proposed system will open a new area of robot-assisted neurosurgery for researchers and scientists in the related fields to produce consistent and reliable experimental results.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Conference Paper
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.