Effect of particle size in slurry manufacturing for green sheet of lead-free transparent dielectrics
- Effect of particle size in slurry manufacturing for green sheet of lead-free transparent dielectrics
- 오영제; 왕병용
- Tape casting; Transparent dielectrics; Dispersion stability; Green sheet; Particle size; Lead-free frit
- Issue Date
- Journal of ceramic processing research
- VOL 20, NO 1-47
- The dispersion characteristics of the slurries according to the particle size (0.7 μm, 5 μm and 10 μm) of the lead(Pb)-free frit as a raw material were studied in order to aid in the manufacture of a green sheet for the transparent dielectric layers using the tape casting method. Effect of solvents and dispersants on the slurry formation was investigated by comparing the sedimentation height according to the particle size of the frit. Overall observations about precipitation and viscosity have been performed to establish the suitable manufacturing of slurry and the optimum working condition of the green sheet. When the powder of lead-free transparent dielectric frit was dispersed in methyl alcohol, it was found that polyethylene glycol was the
most suitable among several dispersants. Higher dispersion stability was shown at 2.0 wt% addition for a particle size of 0.7 μm, 1.5 wt% for 5 μm, and 1 wt% for 10 μm, which can be explained by a steric stabilization mechanism. The smaller particle size is more recommendable for dispersion based on steric stabilization, and increases the effective solid contact rate
per unit volume, leading to a higher transmittance and voltage withstand property.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.