Epitaxial Lift-Off Technology for Large Size III-V-on-Insulator Substrate
- Epitaxial Lift-Off Technology for Large Size III-V-on-Insulator Substrate
- 송진동; 한재훈; Subin Lee; Seong Kwang Kim; Dong-Hwan Jun; Sang-Hyeon Kim
- Monolithic 3D integration; InGaAs; III-V; MOS HEMTs; InGaAs-OI; wafer bonding
- Issue Date
- IEEE Electron Device Letters
- VOL 40, NO 11-1735
- III-V materials can be a very good channel candidate for monolithic 3D (M3D) integration due to the potential of high-performance and lower process temperature as compared with Si, since a low process temperature is crucial to avoid degradation of bottom devices. For III-V M3D integration, material transfer techniques are important, and such processes should be enabled by low process costs on a large wafer scale. In this study, we propose an InGaAs channel transfer technique by wafer bonding, epitaxial lift-off and III-V layers grown on Si substrate.
Effective mobility of fabricated MOS HEMTs using transferred InGaAs layer was 1.3 times higher than that of Si MOSFETs. The proposing channel transfer technique would be useful for M3D integration because it provides wafer scalability, cost-effectiveness, back-gate biasing, and etc.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.