Mathematical model for the dynamic mechanical behavior of carbon nanotube yarn in analogy with hierarchically structured bio-material
- Mathematical model for the dynamic mechanical behavior of carbon nanotube yarn in analogy with hierarchically structured bio-material
- 김승민; 정현수; 박준범; 이성현; 이동명; 이재근; 이건홍
- Carbon nanotube fiber; Hierarchical structure; Modulus-strain curve; Mathematical model; Mechanical behavior
- Issue Date
- VOL 152-158
- The mechanical behaviors of carbon nanotube yarn (CNTY) can be described as collective mechanical behaviors of the components that comprise its hierarchical structures. The internal structures and mechanical behaviors of CNTYs closely resemble those of bio-materials, so we developed a simple mathematical model inspired by the mechanical behaviors of bio-materials to fully describe the mechanical behaviors of CNTYs during tensile testing. The developed model successfully fitted the experimental modulus-strain (M-S) curves of four types of CNTYs that have different internal structures and different M-S curves; this result confirms the generality of the model to describe the mechanical behaviors of CNTYs. The model parameters provide explanations of the structural characteristics of various CNTYs.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.