Thermal Annealing Effects on the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii？Moriya Interaction Energy Density and Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy
- Thermal Annealing Effects on the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii？Moriya Interaction Energy Density and Perpendicular Magnetic Anisotropy
- 한동수; Jaehun Cho; Nam-Hui Kim; Jinyong Jung; Henk J. M. Swagten; June-Seo Kim; Chun-Yeol You
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 54-4
- We investigate the interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction (iDMI) and the perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA) in the annealed inversion symmetry breaking structures (Pt/Co (CoFeB)/AlOx and Ta/CoFeB/AlOx) by Brillouin light scattering. The iDMI energy density of Pt/Co and Pt/CoFeB samples decreases while increasing annealing temperature, but the iDMI energy density of Ta/CoFeB sample slightly increases by increasing annealing temperature. By applying the thermal annealing process, PMA energies slightly increase at the Pt/Co interface; however, Pt/CoFeB, (Ta/CoFeB) structures are dramatically decreased (increased) by the annealing process. The effects of the annealing show complicate variation for iDMI and PMA for each structure; however, we find overall weak correlations between iDMI and PMA despite different materials and annealing process.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.