Visualization of CVD-grown graphene on Cu film using area-selective ALD for quality management
- Visualization of CVD-grown graphene on Cu film using area-selective ALD for quality management
- 황준연; 남정태; 김경수; 홍경표; 이규현; 김성희; 김보람; 김기수; 박진성; 이준영; 정태환; 송영재; 최재붕; 조승민; 김근수; 김형근
- graphene; Interface analysis; TEM; quality control
- Issue Date
- Applied surface science
- VOL 496, 143614
- The present study investigates the atomic layer deposition (ALD) of an Al2O3 film on graphene atop copper with water vapor (H2O), oxygen plasma (O-2 plasma) and ozone (O-3) serving as oxidants. With water vapor as an oxidant, surface-sensitive deposition results in significant differences in growth on single layer graphene (SLG) and multilayer graphene (MLG). Al2O3 completely covers areas of SLG, while virtually no Al2O3 is deposited on areas of MLG. The MLG areas are removed by O-2 plasma, and exposed copper areas are oxidized. Information about MLG, including the location, size, and density, can be determined by employing optical microscopy. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Raman spectroscopy, transmission electron microscopy (TEM), and X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) are used to confirm the validity of the surface-selective deposition of Al2O3 on graphene grown on copper. We developed a process to distinguish SLG and MLG on copper. The characterization results were fed back to the synthesis conditions, and we confirmed that high-quality SLG can be grown on copper almost devoid of MLG. This characterization technique is suitable for large-area graphene (up to meter scale graphene), and can be utilized as feedback for growth and process conditions to ensure high-quality graphene.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.