Dual exchange membrane fuel cell with sequentially aligned cation and anion exchange membranes for non-humidified operation
- Dual exchange membrane fuel cell with sequentially aligned cation and anion exchange membranes for non-humidified operation
- 김형준; 장종현; 헨켄스마이어디억; 유성종; 김진영; 박현서; 이소영; 최지은; 채지언; 나영승
- Anion exchange membrane; Cation exchange membrane; Dual exchange membrane fuel cell; Self-humidifying fuel cell operation
- Issue Date
- Journal of membrane science
- VOL 596, 117745
- To realize effective polymer electrolyte fuel cell (PEFC) operation under non-humidified conditions, a new self-humidifying dual exchange membrane fuel cell (DEMFC) was designed and evaluated. The DEMFC was fabricated using sequentially aligned membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) consisting of an anion exchange membrane (AEM) and a cation exchange membrane (CEM). In this system, water simultaneously generated by the half-cell reactions at both the anode and the cathode is then supplied to the other MEA through the gas diffusion medium and the bipolar plate in the DEMFC under completely dry conditions, resulting in high cell performance. Also, durability of a DEMFC five-cell stack was tested by accelerated on/off operation under fully dry conditions. No cell degradation occurred over 50 cycles (200 h), indicating that this DEMFC design provides an effective approach for constructing practical miniaturized PEFCs that do not require external humidification systems.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.