Asymmetric domain-wall depinning induced by Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction
- Asymmetric domain-wall depinning induced by Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction
- 한동수; Fanny Ummelen; June-Seo Kim; Henk J. M. Swagten; Bert Koopmans
- Issue Date
- IEEE transactions on magnetics
- VOL 51, NO 11, 6000703
- Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya interaction (DMI) is currently the focus point of many research efforts in the spintronics community. It is possible that applications and fundamental new physics motivate us to understand, measure, and manipulate this interaction. Using an elegant, alternative approach, we show that by depinning a domain wall from an anisotropy barrier in perpendicular magnetic anisotropy nanowires in the presence of a static in-plane field, the presence of DMI can be detected. This is experimentally demonstrated, and the clear effects are observed even though a sample with small DMI is used. The technique presented could be used to obtain both the sign of the DMI constant and its quantitative value.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.