Porphyrin nano？ber/single-walled carbon nanotube nanocomposite-based sensors for monitoring hydrogen peroxide vapor
- Porphyrin nano？ber/single-walled carbon nanotube nanocomposite-based sensors for monitoring hydrogen peroxide vapor
- 변영태; 이재성; 정다운
- Hydrogen peroxide vapor; Porphyrin nanofibers; Single-walled carbon nanotubes; Sub-ppm levels; Real-time monitoring
- Issue Date
- Sensors and actuators. B, Chemical
- VOL 306-127525
- Detection of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is particularly important in the ﬁ eld of clinical diagnosis for exhaled breath analysis, because H2O2 is closely related to diseases such as cancer, traumatic brain injury, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and asthma. Considering this, development of sensors for sensitive and selective real-time monitoring of H2O2 vapor (HPV) is required. In this study, we report the design and fabrication of a high-performance HPV sensor based on nanocomposites of nanoﬁ bers of a porphyrin derivative (oxo[5,10,15,20-tetra(4-pyridyl)porphyrinato]titanium(IV) (TiOTPyP)) and single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) at room temperature. Two types of HPV sensor transducers were fabricated using pristine SWCNTs only and TiOTPyP nanoﬁ ber/SWCNT nanocomposite and the sensor responses were compared. The signiﬁ cant diﬀ erences in reproducibility and selectivity of the two sensors reﬂ ected the signiﬁ cant impact of the added TiOTPyP nanoﬁ bers on the device performance. The response of the TiOTPyP nanoﬁ ber/SWCNT nanocomposite-based sensor to 1 ppm of HPV is 9 times higher than that of the pristine SWCNT-based sensor. In addition, this sensor shows fast response/recovery times in the detection of HPV in the concentration range of 0.1– 10ppm, while showing a weak response to NH3 gas and negligible response to CO, toluene, acetone, hexane, NO, and NO2 gases.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.