Crystal structure and piezoelectric characteristics of various phases near the triple-point composition in PZ-PT-PNN system
- Crystal structure and piezoelectric characteristics of various phases near the triple-point composition in PZ-PT-PNN system
- 최지원; 강종윤; 채근화; 이태곤; 김선우; 김은지; 이상진; 황현규; 홍연우; 김정석; 남산
- Piezoelectricity; Ceramic material; Phase diagram; Nanodomains; Landau theory
- Issue Date
- Journal of the European Ceramic Society
- VOL 40, NO 5-1956
- Crystal structures and piezoelectric properties of PbZrO3-PbTiO3-Pb(Ni1/3Nb2/3)O3 ceramics near the triple point composition, particularly characteristics of the pseudocubic phase, were investigated. The pseudocubic phase, which formed near the triple point composition, disappeared with increase in the PbZrO3 content. The pseudocubic phase had the Pm3m cubic structure. The tetragonal-pseudocubic morphotropic phase boundary (MPB) structure was developed during the tetragonal-to-cubic phase transformation. However, the rhombohedral phase directly transformed to the cubic phase because the structure of pseudocubic phase was similar to the rhombohedral structure. The specimens with pseudocubic phase and the specimens near pseudocubic phase exhibited nano-sized domains and small coercive electric fields, revealing their low domain wall energies. These specimens exhibited second-order ferroelectric-to-paraelectric phase transition and low Curie temperatures, confirming their low domain wall energies. The enhanced dielectric and piezoelectric properties of these specimens could be attributed to their low domain wall energies.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.