Strained-induced control of a pillar cavity-GaAs single quantum dot photon source
- Strained-induced control of a pillar cavity-GaAs single quantum dot photon source
- 한일기; 송진동; Inah Yeo; Doukyun Kim
- quantum dots; single photon sources; micropillar cavity; strain-induced control; QD entangled photons
- Issue Date
- Scientific Reports
- VOL 9, 18564
- Herein, we present the calculated strain-induced control of single GaAs/AlGaAs quantum dots (QDs) integrated into semiconductor micropillar cavities. We show precise energy control of individual single GaAs QD excitons under multi-modal stress fields of tailored micropillar optomechanical resonators. Further, using a three-dimensional envelope-function model, we evaluated the quantum mechanical correction in the QD band structures depending on their geometrical shape asymmetries and, more interestingly, on the practical degree of Al interdiffusion. Our theoretical calculations provide the practical quantum error margins, obtained by evaluating Al-interdiffused QDs that were engineered through a front-edge droplet epitaxy technique, for tuning engineered QD single-photon sources, facilitating a scalable on-chip integration of QD entangled photons.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.