Universal Oriented van der Waals Epitaxy of 1D Cyanide Chains on Hexagonal 2D Crystals
- Universal Oriented van der Waals Epitaxy of 1D Cyanide Chains on Hexagonal 2D Crystals
- 황준연; 이양진; 구재현; 이솔; 윤준영; 김강원; 장명진; 장정수; 최정현; Bao-Wen Li; Chinh Tam Le; Farman Ullab; 김영수; 이원철; Rodney S. Ruoff; 정현식; 전진우; 이훈경; 김관표
- 2D materials; crystal structure; TEM; Epitaxy
- Issue Date
- Advanced science
- VOL 7, NO 4, 1900757
- The atomic or molecular assembly on 2D materials through the relatively weak van der Waals interaction is quite different from the conventional heteroepitaxy and may result in unique growth behaviors. Here, it is shown that straight 1D cyanide chains display universal epitaxy on hexagonal 2D materials. A universal oriented assembly of cyanide crystals (AgCN, AuCN, and Cu0.5Au0.5CN) is observed, where the chains are aligned along the three zigzag lattice directions of various 2D hexagonal crystals (graphene, h-BN, WS2, MoS2, WSe2, MoSe2, and MoTe2). The potential energy landscape of the hexagonal lattice induces this preferred alignment of 1D chains along the zigzag lattice directions, regardless of the lattice parameter and surface elements as demonstrated by first-principles calculations and parameterized surface potential calculations. Furthermore, the oriented microwires can serve as crystal orientation markers, and stacking-angle-controlled vertical 2D heterostructures are successfully fabricated by using them as markers. The oriented van der Waals epitaxy can be generalized to any hexagonal 2D crystals and will serve as a unique growth process to form crystals with orientations along the zigzag directions by epitaxy.
- Appears in Collections:
- KIST Publication > Article
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.